Whats an hour of your life worth

Speaking to a permanent the other day. He said theres more to life than money. I said I agree but could I ask him a question around that. He said sure. Fire away.

I asked.. "If theres so much more to life than money... then why are you spending so much time chasing it..."?

He asked.. "what do you mean"?

I said.. "Well you mentioned earlier that you spent over 11 hours at work yesterday.... that last week you spent over 80 hours working to meet an out-of-the-blue impossible deadline, that you knew was unnecessary and felt did not even address the real problem... but that you could use the overtime to pay the interest on your credit card bills that you confessed were getting a little out of control.... but that that could not compensate you for your planned weekend away that you missed.... and that you were exhausted by the time you turned off the freeway that you have noticed is getting increasingly congested... and slower and slower making the trip longer and longer with unexpected frustrating jams that caused you to miss the highlight of your sons birthday because of it"..... now correct me if I'm wrong but according to my calculator that adds up to more than a total of 92 precious hours that were about chasing money?

I agreed that the situation over the past week was outside the norm... yet wouldn't it make sense to reduce the hours, reduce spending or to increase the dollar per hour spent at work?

"Well how do I do that"? He asked. "I am already at the top of the payscale for the job I'm doing"?.. "I'm not qualified for anything else"... and ................

BUT enough about my permanent friend... I'm sure you could tell me twenty more stories that easily top that one... Now what about you? How much is an hour of your life worth?